PRN Shifts: 7-3, 3-11, 11-7 Monday-Friday; 7a-7p & 7p-7a Weekends
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Knowledge of age specific developmental factors specific to adult and geriatric residents (i.e. physical, cognitive, and socialization factors) in planning delivery of care.
2. Knowledge, skills, and techniques necessary to care for residents with the following needs: alzheimers, dementia, dialysis, IV therapy, infectious diseases, wound care, and all disease processes if applicable.
3. Provides nursing care in accordance with Resident Care Policies and Procedures and ensures the safety and well-being of the residents is maintained.
4. Makes daily rounds for all areas of nursing care under his/her supervision, visits each resident to evaluate physical and emotional condition to receive comments relating to the resident's needs and problems, and implements necessary nursing interventions.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Is a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing and currently licensed as a Nurse in the State.
2. Previous work experience in a long-term care setting. Supervisory experience and organizational skills in a long-term care setting preferred.
3. Is listed in good standing as confirmed on the State Department of Professional Credentialing.
4. Possesses excellent technical assessment and documentation skills, and leadership qualities.
5. Possesses good communication skills and is patient and self-disciplined.
6. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, and possess sufficient communication skills to perform the tasks required.