Do you want to make a difference in the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities? We have wonderful opportunities to work in our Residential Services programs making a positive impact and difference in the lives of children with an Autism diagnosis.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide direct care for the individuals served...following resident's Individual Plan of Care (IPC), policies and procedures, emphasizing non-averse, positive programming and interactions.
- Provide support services for residents, staff, and facility
- Transport/accompany residents to/from school, dining facility, and planned activities
- Safely operate facility vehicle(s) as qualified and required Documentation of care, services, and daily activities in a timely manner
- Responsible for cultivating and sustaining a healthy environment in the home(s), as well as maintenance of the home, property, and upkeep of company vehicle
**Note: This is not an exhaustive list of required duties.
COMPETENCIES: Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to people with respect for their individuality
EXPERIENCE: Experience in residential care preferred
QUALIFICATIONS: Computer skills preferred
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required BS/BA in Human Services field preferred.
- A valid Alabama driver's license and must be insurable through the agencies insurance carrier
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Must be cleared through the Dept. of Human Resources Child Abuse & Neglect Registry as well as the ABI/FBI and pass all required pre-employment and background screening
- Must be certified or certifiable in CPR, First Aid, Managing Crisis Safely (MCS), and Medication Assistance Certification (MAC)
Note: Various shifts available subject to the needs of the program
- High School Diploma required; BS or BA in human services field preferred.
Minimum Work Experience
- Prefer one year of experience in child and/or adolescent MI and/or ID residential care.
- A valid Alabama driver’s license and must be insurable through Glenwood contracted insurance company.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Communication and interpersonal skills required. Computer skills preferred.