1. To perform or assist the resident with completing Activities of Daily Living (ADL).
2. Responds to resident call lights to provide maximum comfort, safety and privacy.
3. Transports residents by ambulation or by wheelchair to areas of facility (dining room,
lobby and activities).
4. Reports any significant findings/observations to nurse immediately.
5. Assists residents on admissions, transfer and discharge to make a smooth transition.
6. Responsible for the safekeeping of residents’ personal possessions.
7. Keep resident rooms neat and safe.
8. Follow proper infection control techniques.
9. Respects the rights of each resident, particularly privacy and confidentiality.
10. Re‐teaches resident to perform ADL skills.
11. Provides restorative care to prevent pressure sores, contractures, and complications.
12. Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement and ensures follow‐up occurs.
13. Converses with resident and family; assists them on adjustment to center; handles
complaints effectively and develops relationships necessary for resident’s psychosocial
needs to be met.
14. Ensures adequate hydration and nutrition of resident; reports deviations from norm to
the Charge Nurse promptly.
15. Performs blood pressure, pulse, respirations, intake/output and weights accurately;
16. Participates in care‐planning conferences; follows through with nursing component.
17. Follows safe working practices and reports any incidents promptly to Charge Nurse.
18. Maintains effective communication with residents, families and center staff.
19. Other duties as assigned by Charge Nurse.
20. One on one or small‐group activities for cognitively impaired, behavioral and/or isolated
patients. Group activities for residents that are high risk for falls or elopement risks.
21. Monitor 10 am and 2pm snacks and pm hydration cart.
22. Manage and oversee walk to dine program.
23. Monitor compliance with thickened liquids.
24. Assist residents with meals at lunch and dinner.
25. Documentation of room visits.
26. Assist residents participating in activity programs.
27. Must be available to work overtime as needed, up to and including double shifts.