Provides quality direct resident care duties to the assigned residents according to their plan of care in accordance to state, federal, and JCAHO standards. Assists in maintaining a positive, physical, social and psychological environment for all residents.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provides direct resident care duties as directed by supervisors in accordance with established plan of care.
- Accurately documents care provided on the resident's activities of daily living record.
- Applies safety practices and proper body mechanics in the performance of specific techniques of personal and supportive care including ambulating of residents, transferring residents, assisting with range of motion and positioning.
- Provides services in a cost-effective manner.
- Performs duties based upon established standards of practice for adults and geriatrics.
- DCH Standards:
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Must be a certified nursing assistant in good standing and currently registered by the State of Alabama or in training to satisfactorily complete the requirements to become a CNA. High school diploma or equivalent preferred. CPR Certification within 150 days of employment. Must be able to read, write, speak, and comprehend English. Computer skills for general knowledge of facility computers preferred. Demonstrates good communication skills for all population served. Positive attitude toward the elderly