Nursing homes from across Alabama will demonstrate unique approaches to health care at the 2014 Alabama’s Best Practices Program.
From more than 20 entries, a panel of health care experts selected eight facilities to present their best practices.
The facilities selected to present at Alabama’s Best Practices Program are:
- “Dementia Assessment and Management” Athens Rehabilitation Center & Senior Care, Athens
- “Daily Shift Huddle” Cullman Health & Rehab Center, Cullman
- “Party with Purpose” Fair Haven Retirement Center, Birmingham
- “Road to Quality Improvement” Falkville Healthcare Center & Rehab, Falkville
- “Juggle Flavors” Folsom Center for Rehabilitation & Healthcare, Cullman
- “Dr. Feel Good” Hanceville Nursing and Rehab Center, Hanceville
- “Music & Memory” Oak Trace Care & Rehab Center, Bessemer
- “Flip This Room” Thomasville Health Care, Thomasville
In addition, 16 nursing homes were selected for Honorable Mention. These nursing homes will display their best practice in the exhibit hall at the event and be recognized during the day-long event. Attendees will receive a book containing instructions on how to implement each best practice in their nursing home.
Alabama’s Best Practices Program will be held August 28, 2014, at the Cahaba Grand Conference Center in Birmingham.
In August, this website will give you an inside look at each best practice and how it helped improve nursing home care and resident quality of life. Enter your e-mail address in the “Subscribe via Email” box near the top right of this page to receive updates.