Eight Alabama nursing homes will teach their counterparts how to improve resident care and quality of life at Alabama’s Best Practices 2019. The presentation and a celebration of nursing home care will take place December 9 in Birmingham.
The nursing homes selected as presenters for Alabama’s Best Practices 2019 are:
- Aliceville Manor Nursing Home – Apple Tree Unwanted Behaviors
- Arbor Springs Health & Rehab Center – Spa-sation Restorative Program
- Burns Nursing & Rehab – QAPI for Dummies
- Cherokee County Health & Rehab Center – LIVE Active Shooter Training
- East Glen Center for Nursing & Rehab – Residents in Action
- Rehab Select of Albertville – Welcome to our War Room
- Talladega Health & Rehab – Tag you are it
- Woodland Village Health Care Center – Get Your Kicks on Route 66
The presenters were chosen by a panel of health care experts that evaluated nominations based on 11 criteria. The criteria include the feasibility of applying the best practice to other nursing homes, improving resident quality of life and using a multi-disciplinary approach to address quality of care.
“I commend these nursing homes for using their creativity and knowledge to improve the lives of their residents,” said Pam Penland, Director of Alabama’s Best Practices. “All nursing homes benefit when one nursing home is willing to it success story. Based on the list of presenters, I believe this will be one of the best events in our more than 20-year history.”
Employees of the eight skilled nursing care centers will develop interactive presentations and skits to teach the best practices to an expected audience of more than 350 people.
In addition, 12 nursing homes were selected for Honorable Mention and will receive special recognition during the day-long event:
- Andalusia Manor – Healing Garden
- Arbor Springs Health & Rehab Center – Fine Dining & Sunshiner’s Club
- Bill Nichols State Veterans Home – Circle of Friends & Music Throughout the Decades
- Camden Nursing Facility – Young Living Oils
- Crowne Health Care of Montgomery – Evening Concert Series
- Diversicare of Boaz – Dream Catcher
- Falkville Healthcare Center – It’s Never Too Late
- Folsom Center for Rehab & Healthcare – Dancercise
- Haleyville Health Care Center – Fun Friday’s
- Henry County Health & Rehab – Washing Dishes: A Simple Solution
- Marshall Manor Nursing & Rehab Center – My Home Town
- Rehab Select of Albertville – General Store
Information from the presenters and honorable mention recipients will be included in the 2019 Alabama’s Best Practices Manual. Each attendee will receive a copy of the manual and can use the information to implement the best practices in their nursing home.
Alabama’s Best Practices Program will be held December 9, 2019, at the Hyatt Regency Birmingham – The Wynfrey Hotel in Birmingham.
Click here for more info about Alabama’s Best Practices.