1. Receives report on patient/resident status from previous shift and provides this communication to oncoming shift
2. Makes physical rounds in assigned area of oversight assessing quality of care, intervening with provision of care and interacting with care givers and patients/residents
3. Provides direct care in line with the responsibilities of a nurse, assessing conditions, communicating with attending physicians/practitioners and carrying out nursing functions according to the needs of the patients
4. Assists in establishing a plan of care for patients based on their unique needs and in line with physician orders
5. Is a member of the Interdisciplinary Care Team
6. Accurately documents patient/resident condition including assessments, communication and care provided
7. May directly provide or supervise other providers of care such as medication pass, nursing care, documentation, treatments, supervision
8. Evaluates performance of nurses, nursing assistants and trained medication aides; coaches and disciplines as needed.
9. Assesses and monitors to verify patient/residents’ needs are met and policies and procedures are followed.
10. May respond and coordinate actions in emergency situations
11. Other duties as assigned by Director of Nursing
12. Assists with the Continuous Quality Improvement initiatives
13. Ensures safe work practices are followed
14. Provides empathetic communication to families, patient/residents regarding change of condition and in response to care concerns, ensures resident rights are respected.