- LPN or RN-LTC
- 40 HOURS A WEEK
- 3p-11p SHIFT
- Competitive HOURLY RATE
- NON BENEFITED RATE
- SUBMIT RESUME
- OR CALL 205-759-5179 EXT 109
We are looking for a reliable LPN or RN to care for residents in a professional and considerate manner. You will work under the supervision of the RN/DON. Our nurse professionals must be first and foremost qualified and compassionate. The ideal candidate will be experienced in providing diverse basic care to those who need it while remaining patient and calm. It is a demanding job but also very rewarding.
- Must be currently licensed by and in good standing with the State of Alabama.
- Must demonstrate positive attitude toward the elderly.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of nursing and medical practices, procedures and laws.
- Must have current BLS CPR.
General Job Functions:
- Supervises CNA staff in delivery of resident care.
- Promotes resident's rights.
- Reports problems/potential problems to RN Supervisors in a timely fashion.
- Receives report on each resident from off-going nurse.
- Prepares, administers and documents medications and treatments according to physicians orders and established facility policy/procedure.
- Orders medication and treatment items as needed.
- Monitors/documents resident's response to medications and treatments.
- Makes rounds with physicians.
- Provides/monitors special treatments required by residents including but not limited to oxygen, I.V. therapy, isolation, suctioning, special skin treatment measures; takes corrective actions as needed.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Ability to effectively communicate with residents, families, personnel and support services, to provide advice, comfort and release instructions.
- Ability to ambulate adequately to consistently supervise staff and meet needs of residents.
- Ability to hand grasp and fine hand coordination.
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds.
- Ability to bend, push and reach adequately to perform procedures necessary to meet resident needs.
- Ability to remain calm under stress; ability to react and move quickly in emergence situations.
- Adequate hearing and vision to supervise personnel and deliver resident care.
*This is a partial job description.