1. Responsible for daily nursing operations of a specific unit/wing.
2. Performs nursing techniques for the comfort and well-being of the residents; checks each resident daily to determine status; ensures residents reach highest attainable level of functioning.
3. Prepares equipment and assists physicians during their rounds.
4. Administers prescribed medications, orally by injection; provides treatments using therapeutic equipment; ensures proper handling and storage of medications and controlled substances.
5. Observes residents’ reactions to medication and treatment.
6. Observes, records, and reports changes in residents’ condition to supervisor and attending physician.
7. Maintains residents’ medical record by way of documentation, as required by policy.
8. Assists in planning, supervising and instructing C.N.A.’s; assigns daily work assignments to ensure positive outcomes for residents.
9. Implements and maintains policies are utilized.
10. Ensures that safe work practices are utilized.
11. Ensure proper infection control techniques are utilized.
12. Assists in the Continuous Quality Improvement Program and ensures follow-up occurs.
13. Reports accurately to oncoming shift Charge LPN’s regarding change in resident status and follow-up needs.
14. Provides input for CNA performance evaluations.
15. Coaches, counsels and disciplines C.N.A.’s as needed; ensures personnel policies are followed.
16. Recommends staffing, equipment and supply needs to DNS
17. Responsible for capturing charges for supplies issued to residents on that unit.
18. Participates in care planning process and ensures the Nursing component is implemented.
19. Ensures the rights of residents are respected ; coordinates with other departments and ensures residents are taken to activities, etc.
20. Other duties as assigned by R.N. Supervisor or the Director of Nursing Services.