Basic Job Responsibility
To deliver nursing care to residents requiring long-term or rehabilitative/restorative care.
- Works under direct supervision using the Nurse Practice Act, American Health Corporation Standards, policies and procedures and nursing judgment.
- Delivers nursing care to residents requiring long-term or rehabilitative care.
- Assesses residents and makes observations and reports pertinent information related to the care of the resident.
- Implements the resident’s plan of care and evaluates the response of the resident.
- Directs and supervises care given by other nursing personnel in selected situations.
- Maintains knowledge of necessary documentation requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment set-up, maintenance and use (monitors, pumps, etc.).
- Maintains confidentiality and resident rights regarding all resident/personnel information.
- Provides resident/family and staff education as needed.
- Conducts self in a professional manner in compliance with unit and facility policies.
- Works rotating shifts, holidays, and weekends as scheduled.
- Initiates the emergency support system as needed (CPR, protection, etc.).
- Assures Resident Safety at all times.