Alabama Nursing Home Association members elected officers for 2020 at the association’s annual meeting in Birmingham.
The incoming officers are:
- Chair Sal.Lee Sasser-Williams, Sasser Enterprises, Andalusia
- Vice-Chair Bryan Jones, Crowne Health Care, Monroeville
- Treasurer Jim Walker, Preston Health Services, Centre
- Secretary Eddie Jackson, Heritage Health Care, Tuscaloosa
Each officer is elected to a one-year term on the ANHA Board of Directors and serves on the Executive Committee.
Sasser-Williams election as board chair follows her service as vice-chair in 2019. She has held positions of increasing responsibility over the years. Sasser-Williams began by serving on and later chairing numerous ANHA committees, represented southeast Alabama on the board for 12 years and served as board secretary in 2018. She follows in the footsteps of her father, the late G. Dale Sasser, who also served on the ANHA board.
“I’m honored my peers elected me to serve them in this capacity,” Sasser-Williams said. “Our association is strong because we all work toward the same goal – providing quality care to our residents and patients. Nursing home care is constantly changing, but we’ll be able to adapt to the changes and make Alabama’s nursing homes even better by working together.”
Sasser-Williams is Director of Operations for Sasser Enterprises. She has a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Troy University. She is a Licensed Nursing Home Administrator, Licensed Assisted Living Administrator, Certified Risk Manager and a Certified Nursing Assistant.
Regional Directors Elected
Earlier this year, the following individuals were elected to serve as Regional Directors on the ANHA Board of Directors:
- Region 1: Mark DeArman, Burns Nursing & Rehab, Russellville;
- Region 3: Kevin Ball, Ball HealthCare Services, Birmingham;
- Region 5: Eldridge Stewart, Camden Nursing Facility, Camden;
- Region 7: Mark Manning, Crowne Health Care, Monroeville; and
- Region 9: John Burchfield, NHS Management, Tuscaloosa.
Regional Directors are elected by the ANHA member nursing homes in nine geographic regions to represent the area. Each Regional Director serves a two-year term. Odd numbered regions hold elections in odd numbered years, and even numbered regions hold elections in even numbered years.
Click here for more information about the ANHA’s Board of Directors.