The Activity & Social Services Auxiliary of the Alabama Nursing Home Association (ANHA) today elected officers to lead the group in 2015.
The new officers are:
- President, Katie Morgan, Dadeville Healthcare Center, Dadeville
- Vice-President, Jamie Backensto, Henry County Health & Rehab Facility, Abbeville
- Treasurer, Gail Gunn, Oak Park Nursing Home, Auburn
- Secretary, Kristi Elrod, Albertville Nursing Home Rehab Select, Albertville
- Past-President, Endya Gibbs, Cherry Hill Healthcare Center, Birmingham
“I’m excited for this opportunity and look forward to meeting more of our members and attending the region meetings,” Katie Morgan said. “I feel honored and privileged to work with a great group of people.”
The officers will provide strategic leadership to the Activity & Social Service Auxiliary Board. The auxiliary serves to educate and advance activity and social services professionals working in Alabama nursing homes.
The election was held at the auxiliary’s annual meeting in Birmingham.
On Tuesday, October 28, ANHA.org will feature an article about incoming president Katie Morgan and her plans for 2015.