The Activity & Social Services Auxiliary of the Alabama Nursing Home Association today elected officers to lead the group in 2020.
The new officers are:
- President, Ashley Brasington, Henry County Health & Rehab, Abbeville;
- Vice-President, Erica Chambers, Diversicare of Foley, Foley;
- Treasurer, Barbara Johnson, Eastview HealthCare Center, Birmingham;
- Secretary, Valerie Cleveland, Fayette Medical Center Long-Term Care, Fayette; and
- Past-President, Debra Brock, River City Center, Decatur.
The officers provide strategic leadership to the Activity & Social Service Auxiliary Board. The auxiliary serves to educate and advance activity and social services professionals working in Alabama nursing homes. The election was held at the auxiliary’s annual meeting in Montgomery.
Earlier this year, the following individuals were elected to serve as Regional Directors on the Activity & Social Service Auxiliary Board:
- Region 1: Mary Tilley, Woodland Village Healthcare Center, Cullman;
- Region 3: Endya Gibbs, Cherry Hill Rehab & HealthCare Center, Birmingham;
- Region 5: Charlotte Johnson, Camden Nursing Facility, Camden; and
- Region 9: Theresa Dumpson, Fayette Medical Center LTC, Fayette.
Regional Directors are elected by the ANHA member nursing homes in nine geographic regions. Each Regional Director serves a two-year term. Odd numbered regions hold elections in odd numbered years, and even numbered regions hold elections in even numbered years.