Dothan resident Sarah “Sally” Scott was crowned Ms. Alabama Nursing Home 2017 today in Birmingham.Ms. Scott, age 83, is a resident of Westside Terrace Health & Rehab First located in Dothan. She was crowned by Miss Alabama 2017 Jessica Proctor at the 34th annual Ms. Alabama Nursing Home Pageant.
Ms. Scott worked as a nurse for many years. She shares a room at Westside Terrace with her husband of 34 years, Randall. She is involved in many of the activities offered at the nursing home and eagerly welcomes new residents and helps them settle in to their new home. Ms. Scott has three children, two grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
As Ms. Alabama Nursing Home, Ms. Scott will travel to various nursing homes and community events to share her experiences. During her reign, she will also serve as an ambassador for nursing home residents at several Alabama Nursing Home Association events.
The runners-up are:
- 1st Runner-up: Ms. Shelby Ridge Rehab Select, Katherine Moorer, Alabaster, Age 59 bio picture
- 2nd Runner-up: Ms. Folsom Center for Rehab & Healthcare, Miriam Kelley, Age 89 bio picture
- 3rd Runner up: Ms. Thomasville Health Care & Rehab Center, Barbara Pugh, Age 66 bio picture
- 4th Runner up: Ms. Cottage of the Shoals, Cora Steen, Age 83 bio picture
The top 10 finalists, selected from the field of 50 contestants, had individual interviews with the panel of celebrity judges before competing on stage for the crown. All other contestants in attendance were part of the Honor Court and were individually recognized during the pageant.
Broadcast quality, HD video is available for download at: https://vimeo.com/226461132.
Click the links below to download high-resolution photos suitable for printing:
- Sarah Scott official: download
- Alabama Nursing Home 2017 Sarah “Sally” Scott.
- Pageant 2017 Top Five official: download
- Top five finalists for the 2017 Ms. Alabama Nursing Home Pageant, from left to right: 3rd runner-up: Thomasville Health Care & Rehab Center Barbara Pugh; 1st runner-up: Shelby Ridge Rehab Select Katherine Moorer; Alabama Nursing Home 2017: Sarah “Sally” Scott, Westside Terrace Rehab First; 2nd Runner-up: Ms. Folsom Center for Rehab & Healthcare Miriam Kelley and 4th Runner up: Ms. Cottage of the Shoals, Cora Steen.