Alabama’s Best Practices combines education and fun into one of our most popular events of the year. In this video, our members discuss the importance of this event and how it improves the lives of nursing home residents.
Presenters Announced for Alabama’s Best Practices 2017
Six Alabama nursing homes will teach their counterparts how to improve resident care and quality of life at a statewide event. A panel of health care experts chose these nursing homes as presenters for Alabama’s Best Practices 2017:
- Albertville Nursing Home and Rehab Select: Change Ahead – Activities Re-Enhanced
- Crowne Health Care of Mobile: Healthy Seniors Dental Program
- Cullman Health & Rehab Center: All Work More Play
- Oak Trace Care & Rehabilitation Center: Fall Prevention
- Marshall Manor Nursing Home: Friday Free for All
- Roanoke Rehabilitation and Health Care Center: Celebration of Healing
“Based on the list of presenters, I believe this will be one of the best events in our more than 20-year history,” Alabama’s Best Practices Director Pam Penland said. “I commend these nursing homes for using their creativity and knowledge to improve the lives of their residents. Their willingness to share their successes will benefit other nursing homes and countless nursing home residents.”
Employees of the six skilled nursing care centers will develop interactive presentations and skits to teach the best practices to an expected audience of more than 350 people.
In addition, seven nursing homes were selected for Honorable Mention and will receive special recognition during the day-long event:
- Crowne Health Care of Montgomery: Iron Bowl
- Decatur Health and Rehab: You’ve Got Mail
- Falkville Health Care Center: Tailgate with Us
- Greenbriar at the Altamont: Laughter Therapy
- Generations of Vernon: Alabama Virtual Library
- Sylacauga Health and Rehab: Birthdays – All About You
- Village at Cook Springs: Medication Reduction to Eight Per Resident
Information from the presenters and honorable mention recipients will be included in the 2017 Alabama’s Best Practices Manual. Each attendee will receive a copy of the manual and can use the information to implement the best practices in their nursing home.
Alabama’s Best Practices Program will be held February 13, 2017, at the Hyatt Regency Birmingham – The Wynfrey Hotel in Birmingham.
In the days leading up to the event, this website will feature a different presenter’s Best Practice each day and show how it improves resident care and quality of life.
Click here for more info about Alabama’s Best Practices.