Alabama Nursing Home Association members elected officers for 2017 at the association’s annual meeting in Birmingham on Wednesday.
The incoming officers are:
- Chairman Frank Brown, USA Healthcare, Cullman
- Vice-Chairman Mark Traylor, Traylor Porter Healthcare Management, Opelika
- Treasurer Jim Walker, Preston Health Services, Centre
- Secretary Sal.Lee Sasser-Williams, Sasser Enterprises, Andalusia
Each officer is elected to a one-year term on the ANHA Board of Directors, and serves on the Executive Committee. Sal.Lee Sasser-Williams is currently serving as Region 8 Director and will vacate that position when she begins her term as Secretary in January. An election will be held to select a new Region 8 Director.
Regional Directors Elected
Earlier this year, the following individuals were elected to serve as Regional Directors on the ANHA Board of Directors:
- Region 2: Chris Schmidt, Schmidt Wallace Healthcare, Montgomery;
- Region 4: Pam Penland, Health Care, Inc., Ashville;
- Region 6: Jennifer Agee, NHS Management, Tuscaloosa;
Regional Directors are elected by the ANHA member nursing homes in nine geographic regions to represent the area. Each Regional Director serves a two-year term. Odd numbered regions hold elections in odd numbered years, and even numbered regions hold elections in even numbered years.
Click here for more information about the ANHA’s Board of Directors.