The Activity & Social Services Auxiliary of the Alabama Nursing Home Association today elected officers to lead the group in 2017.
The new officers are:
- President, Kim Allred, Hanceville Nursing & Rehab Center, Hanceville
- Vice-President, Endya Gibbs, Cherry Hill Rehab & Health Care Center, Birmingham
- Treasurer, Ina Brown, TLC Nursing Center, Oneonta
- Secretary, Katie Morgan, Dadeville Healthcare Center, Dadeville
- Past-President, Jamie Backensto, Henry County Health & Rehab Facility, Abbeville
“It’s an honor to be elected to lead my fellow social service directors and activity professionals,” Allred said. “Every one of our members works to improve the lives of the people living in our nursing homes. I thank them for electing me to this leadership role with the Alabama Nursing Home Association.”
The officers will provide strategic leadership to the Activity & Social Service Auxiliary Board. The auxiliary serves to educate and advance activity and social services professionals working in Alabama nursing homes.
The election was held at the auxiliary’s annual meeting in Birmingham.